Again, I will turn it over to my sister to give you hints on using the Task function:
"To set a task reminder:
- File - New - Task (or Ctrl - Shift - K)
- Type in the Subject: i.e. "send a reminder notice to all involved in the upcoming conference"
- Set the Reminder/Task date
- You can set your Priority and Status if you want but I don't normally bother with that
- It's important to click on the Reminder check-box and set when you want to be reminded so that you actually get sent the task reminder.
- Use the space provided to make any notes i.e. where files are located, e-mails, etc. to complete the task"
Submitted by Lynn, Admin Assistant
When you set the start date, it automatically sets the due date as the same date, which is probably what you want.