27 October 2007

Keeping Words Together in Microsoft Word

A quick way to keep words together in a Word document is to use the Shortcut Keys.

For example, I never like to split a name up in a letter i.e. Mr. and Mrs.

Instead of pressing the Spacebar after ‘Mrs.’, press Shift Ctrl Spacebar and then type Smith.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith will now stay together.


Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for this tip. I had been searching windows help and couldn't find it.

Alex said...

It's the first time I have been problems with my word documents. But fortunately I got a next software - recover doc files last week. And it resolved my troubles within the scope of minutes and utterly free of cost. Moreover I knew how the system could restore damaged documents with doc, docx, dot, dotx and rtf extension that didn't to open normally.