19 May 2008

5 Blogging Misconceptions

1. I don’t have any friends, therefore I blog...

Nope, I have lots of family and friends. They are all supportive of my blogging efforts and cheer me on. They don’t read my blog however because they can get it first hand...See #2.

2. I love to talk and no one will listen, therefore I blog...

I talk to my friends and they listen. I talk some more and they walk away...I blog to avoid boring my friends.

3. I can’t get published, therefore I blog...

Blogging has opened the door to having some articles published in professional magazines. Blogging puts you out there and people are watching and reading.

4. I want to makes lots and lots of money, therefore I blog...

NOT! Not for me anyway. No money in blogging, but it is a great outlet for my talking. See #2.

5. I think I know it all, therefore I blog...

Nope. I learn from my blogging. I probably know more now about my profession than I’ve ever known.

No comments: