2 July 2008

I am on holidays, but...

I just got back from a nice boat trip on the Rideau Canal, which for those who don't know is a scenic waterway that runs through Ottawa and the Valley. In the winter it is the world's longest skating rink. Apparently in 2005 this was made official by the Guinness Book of Records. Who knew?

My friend and I had a nice swim off the boat and a BBQ at one of the docks near the beautiful Village of Merrickville. It was a warm sunny day and the only bad thing was my $100 sunglasses fell in the water never to be seen again...

When I got home and checked my e-mail I noticed a link to an article that I thought might interest some of you. As most of you know I am a member of the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) and apparently we have opened our very first Virtual Chapter. The chapter has members from across the country (and I suppose they could virtually be from around the world as everything is done online). Yes, I know. Pretty bad play on the word virtual, eh? But I am on holidays and I'm tired right now... Click here (once you open the link you need to scroll down to read the article).

Now I am going to go back to enjoying my holidays. I'm shopping for a baby crib tomorrow with my daughter. I am looking forward to the birth of my first grandchild in October, a little boy.

Back on the blog on the 7th...


Patricia