19 April 2008

I'd like to introduce you to ????

I have a bad memory. I admit it. Depending on how much sleep I get can determine if it will be better or worse. I jokingly told a friend of mine that sometimes it feels like the information I am looking for is in the archives and the door has been locked and I don't have the key.

At work I compensate by writing things down. I write down any instructions I get from my boss, phone messages or anything I will need to remember to either pass on or do. Once I have completed the item, I cross it off my list. I am lost without my notebook. I also use my Outlook Calendar and Tasks for reminders of what I need to do.

But what about names of people? That's a hard one. Remembering names can be difficult. You might remember the face, but the name escapes you. The Etiquette School of Ohio has a good tip for remembering names. Click here to read the post. And please...if you introduce someone, don't assume we know the name. Help us out and mention it.

1 comment:

Leah Mullen said...

Hi Patricia,

I also cling tightly to my notebook and to-do lists referring to them several times a day, even when I’m at home on Saturday I use a to-do list. I feel that if I write it down, then I don’t have to worry about whether or not I’m forgetting something. Things still fall through the cracks sometimes, but for the most part writing things down works.

And when I'm learning new names I write them down too—discretely--and refer to them regularly as well.