We can step on people's toes at work too. Here are some ways I think we can do that:
- By not saying please and thank you and giving common courtesies to our co-workers.
- By assuming too much and not asking.
- By taking credit for work and not sharing the success with our colleagues who assisted us.
- By not paying attention to the tone of our e-mails. People can get the wrong idea from an e-mail. Sometimes it is better to speak on the phone or in person.
- By invading each other's cubicle space or walking into an office without knocking.
- By going over someone's head and doing things behind the scenes. If you work in a team environment it is a good idea to work with your co-workers to come up with solutions.
We spend a lot of time with our co-workers. Let's be kind to one another. Sometimes we are so busy and stressed it is hard to remember to say please and thank you, but remembering goes a long way towards avoiding those work toes.