29 September 2007

AutoCorrect in Word

Updated this article on April 29, 2008
http://secretaryhelpline.blogspot.com/2008/04/using-autocorrect-in-word.html

I am always looking for shortcuts and I found a neat way to speed up my typing using AutoCorrect.

For example, if I type sbc and press the spacebar (or press enter) it automatically types SENT BY COURIER. Here are some others I use regularly:

sbf - SENT BY FACSIMILE
sbr - SENT BY REGISTERED MAIL
p&c - PERSONAL & CONFIDENTIAL

You can create an AutoCorrect for as many words as you like, but unless they are simple you will tend to forget what your shortcut was. I use mine so often, and because they are the initials, they are very easy to remember. So try and keep it simple.

To create an AutoCorrect shortcut in Word:
Go under Tools > AutoCorrect > Replace: sbc With: SENT BY COURIER
Create as many as you like, then press OK and you are set.

Quick tip:
I use sbc instead of sc because SC is a shortform for South Carolina and if you don't pay attention you may have SENT BY COURIER in an address where you really wanted the state SC. So I add the b to avoid that.

No comments: