7 February 2010

When your voicemail goes awry...

I'm sure I'm not the only one this has happened to -- you are leaving a voicemail and make a mistake and then try to fix it, but the voicemail becomes longer and longer and depending on who you are leaving the message with, it can get more and more embarrassing. 

A good tip if you flub up your voicemail is to press # and it should give you prompts to get out of it.  I have never used this escape route, but was reminded about it at a webinar I participated in recently and will keep these instructions close at hand.  They said it works with most phone services.

I thought I would pass this tip along in the event you find yourself wishing you could take your words back.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Thanks Patricia! I actually didn't know this and this is something I need because I tend to blather on a little bit and get carried away! :)

Patricia Robb said...

Thanks everyone for correcting me. Yes, I did mean "awry" and not "array" thanks for pointing that out and glad you are paying attention :)

Patricia

Louis said...

This happens to me at least once a week and I use that exact same technique to rescue myself. But, as I learned the hard way it doesn't work on all systems.