How to gain weight in six easy steps:
- Do not eat breakfast before going to work. You can always buy a quick croissant or sticky bun to get you through the morning;
- Never bring a lunch to work. The specials at the cafeteria in your building will certainly have something greasy and fattening for your enjoyment;
- Don't take a lunch break. Stay at your desk and continue to work (while quickly gulping down the above greasy fast food);
- Don't drink lots of water during the day, it will only make you have to leave your desk more often;
- When you need a quick pick me up visit the office candy bowl for a sugar high or better yet, keep a candy bowl at your own desk to save steps;
- Try not to schedule exercise into your work day. You don't have time anyway!
An ACE commissioned study found that secretaries, teachers, lawyers and police officers walked significantly fewer steps and less distance than other occupations. At the low end, secretaries were observed to walk only an average of 4,327 steps. The recommended goal being 10,000 steps a day.