- In Microsoft 2007 instead of File you press the Office Button which is located at the top left-hand corner of the screen.
- The Customize Quick Access Toolbar is located along the top left-hand corner of your screen. Click on the arrow down for different options. This toolbar can be customized to add the things you access regularly like Undo, Save, Open, Send by E-mail etc.
- Change Case is located under the Home tab under Font [Aa].
- Inserting Footnotes is located under the References tab, Insert, Footnote.
- SpellCheck is located under the Review tab, Spelling & Grammar.
- To insert a table go under the Insert tab and click on Table. To delete a table you need to be in the table and you will notice the toolbar changes. Go under the Layout tab, under the Rows & Columns section there is a Delete icon.
If you are used to using quick keys, some Alt key functions no longer work in Microsoft 2007. Ctrl keys still work however so you can breathe a sigh of relief if you are used to using those.
Take the time to explore. It has been frustrating at times, but I now feel comfortable with it. Thankfully, there is always F1 for Help and when all else fails try right clicking.